?

Phoenix to Albuquerque and Back 22-23 Jul - Skies of Arizona (Not Quite Arcadia, But Close)

About Phoenix to Albuquerque and Back 22-23 Jul

Previous Entry Phoenix to Albuquerque and Back 22-23 Jul Jul. 24th, 2006 @ 09:04 am Next Entry
--(Chandler)
Great-tailed Grackle
European Starling
Mourning Dove
Inca Dove
Killdeer
Rock Pigeon
House Sparrow
--(Superior)
Turkey Vulture
--(Miami)
Common Raven
Eurasian Collared-Dove
--(Tonto N.F. past Globe)
Zone-tailed Hawk
--(Salt River Canyon)
House Finch
--(Show Low)
Cliff Swallow
--(Snowflake)
Barn Swallow
--(Holbrook)
Golden Eagle
Red-tailed Hawk
--(Gallup, NM)
[Gunnison's Prairie Dog]
--(San Fidel)
Band-tailed Pigeon
--(Sandia Crest Road)
Spotted Towhee
Steller's Jay
Broad-tailed Hummingbrd
--(Sandia Ski Basin)
[EASTERN COTTONTAIL]
[Abert's Squirrel]
--(Capulin Spring)
[LEAST CHIPMUNK]
Dark-eyed (Gray-backed) Junco
White-breasted Nuthatch
Mountain Chickadee
Hermit Thrush
--(Sandia Crest)
Yellow-rumped (Audubon's) Warbler
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
House Wren
Pine Siskin
AMERICAN THREE-TOED WOODPECKER
White-throated Swift
Violet-green Swallow
American Robin
[COLORADO CHIPMUNK]
[Rock Squirrel]
[GRAY FOX]
--(Sandia Crest Road, bottom)
Western Bluebird
--(Albuquerque)
Western Kingbird
Black-chinned Hummingbird
Curve-billed Thrasher
--(Schnebly Hill Road, AZ)
Mountain Bluebird
Pinyon Jay
Northern Flicker
(Note: also got American Three-toed Woodpecker here!)

Just 39 species of birds total though :/
Leave a comment
[User Picture Icon]
From:ebonyraven
Date:July 25th, 2006 03:21 am (UTC)
(Link)
Even if it wasn't your life one, I like it when my tips work out. Congrats on the 3Ts ;) Also good one on the PIJA. I didn't see or hear a single one out there! (MOBLs either...hmm)
[User Picture Icon]
From:miwasatoshi
Date:July 25th, 2006 10:11 pm (UTC)
(Link)
The PIJAs and MOBLs were actually on the west side of the freeway.
[User Picture Icon]
From:miwasatoshi
Date:July 25th, 2006 10:12 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Also, I am a goober. I thought the NM bird and the AZ bird looked entirely different, my notes suck. The NM bird wasn't even CLOSE to TTWO -- it was a WISA. I'm an idiot, but OTOH that's two lifers instead of one!
[User Picture Icon]
From:ebonyraven
Date:July 26th, 2006 11:37 pm (UTC)
(Link)